Not matter how good you or your friends think you are at singing, if you are really want to become a good singer you need to have someone to help you achieve your goal.
What can I, as a voice teacher, coach mentor, trainer do for you?
- Provide regular structured lessons. We live in a busy world and time to practise is often difficult to find but if you have a regular singing lesson, you are more likely to practise. Thinking about paying for a lesson is often a good incentive to make you practise.
- Provide an audience. We can only hear 30% of what our voice is truly like. You need someone who will listen to you and give constructive criticism and praise.
- Develop your repertoire. I will give you songs which will complement your present repertoire and voice. I will also give you songs which are appropriate for your developing vocal skills and abilities. I will introduce you to songs from all genres, apart from heavy metal, although I can help you to develop techniques to protect your voice when you sing in this genre.
- Development of music reading and theory.
- Provide introductions to other singers and musicians.
- Provide opportunities for you to sing in public. Initially this is at the student recital but there are also other avenues and places to perform.
- Give you assistance to choose your path for singing, whether it be performing or further study.
- Most importantly, provide you with a safe, happy environment to learn your craft.
Another facet of my teaching is helping people prepare for auditions for musical theatre:-
- Outlining the audition process
- Choosing the song
- Rehearsing the Song
- Mock auditions
- Providing a backing track for the audition
Find out more about The Teaching Process.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
If you would like to know more or to have a free, no obligation consultation, please contact me here.